Residents of the Lower Mainland are invited to marvel at the twinkle of a million sparkling lights at the annual Glow Gardens festival starting this fall.
Each year, guests wander through an illuminated wonderland complete with festive decorations, refreshments, and, of course, dazzling light installations galore.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the event as originally announced for 2020 has since been modified and has changed venues and format. Ticket-holders for the Glow event at the Greater Vancouver Zoo will receive a full refund.
This year, Glow Gardens will be a drive-through only event, taking place at Milner Village Garden Centre at 6690 216 St, Langley City.
Ticket holders can "take a leisurely 15-minute cruise into an illuminated wonderland that brings Christmas dreams to life."
Elves will greet vehicles with sealed snack packages at the entry; your vehicle pass includes a complimentary bag of mini-donuts, popcorn plus a souvenir Glow Christmas ornament. Tune your car radio to the event's official radio station to enjoy festive music.
Your journey will take you through a glittering glacial foyer, where it’s always snowing, and a 100-foot animated light tunnel. There are wintry princesses and the jolly man in red himself. While you can't get out to sit on Santa's knee, he will be there to recognize all the kids in your vehicle.
Vehicles that will be granted entry include light trucks, SUVs, seven-passenger minivans, and sedans. The admission price is for up to seven passengers in one vehicle.
COVID safety protocols
Glow Gardens has indicated they will have the following safety measures and policies in place:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online, and your e-ticket will be scanned through the vehicle window upon arrival.
- Please arrive promptly at the time stated on your e-ticket; this helps ensure a smooth flow of traffic.
- Guests will remain in their vehicles at all times, but we encourage you to roll down the windows for photos and videos.
- Sorry, no pedestrians.
- To remain contactless, there is no stopping or pull-outs on the light journey, and no public washrooms.
- The staff is being kept safe with daily health questionnaires, masks and frequent hand-washing.
When: Nov. 26, 2020 to Jan. 2, 2021
Where: Milner Village Garden Centre - 6690 216 St, Langley City Cost: $29.99 per carload of up to seven people. Vehicles that will be granted entry include light trucks, SUV's, 7-passenger minivans, and sedans.
Find out more information here.
This article was originally published on Oct. 23, 2020 and has since been updated with new information