Starting today, Sept. 13, you’ll have to show a vaccine passport proving you’ve received at least one dose of vaccine to access some non-essential services in B.C. Here’s where the passport will and won’t be required on the North Shore:
The vaccine passport will be required to access:
- restaurants, bars and pubs which have a liquor licence, including both indoor and outdoor seating areas
- movie theatres
- gyms, fitness centres and weight training rooms
- indoor fitness and sports activities at public and private recreation facilities for anyone 22 and older. These include pilates, yoga, personal training, spin cycling, zumba, dance, hockey, indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball, badminton, billiards, pickleball and table tennis.
- indoor events, including competitions, games or practices with over 50 people
- indoor ticketed events for more than 50 people including sports activities, concerts, theatrical productions, dance or symphony performances
- indoor festivals, conventions, trade fairs, home shows or workshops for more than 50 people
- indoor wedding receptions, funeral receptions and ticketed parties for more than 50 people.
The vaccine passport won’t be required to access:
- grocery and liquor stores
- fast food restaurants and food courts
- hair salons
- retail stores
- food banks or shelters
- to vote in the federal election
- local libraries and community centres in North and West Vancouver
- local seniors centres
- rehabilitation programs
- to swim at local aquatic centres
- youth fitness and sports activities if you 21 or younger
- parents dropping off children and picking them up from youth sports activities
- school, including K-12 and post-secondary programs
- to attend work
- to attend court
- to use a fitness facility that is part of a hotel.
- worship services
- to attend a meeting of a local government council or school board
Until Sept. 26, the yellow and blue immunization record card will be accepted as temporary proof when presented with government-issued identification. After that, the province’s official vaccine passport with QR code will be required, in either electronic or paper form. As of Oct. 24, proof of two doses of vaccine will be required.