We here at Lynn Valley Care Centre would like to convey our deepest gratitude to the community who have been so supportive of us over the last few months, during these unprecedented times. This has been an immensely difficult time for our residents, their families and our staff. We grieve with the families and friends who have lost their loved ones. Our thoughts continue to be with you.
There are no amount of words that can express our sincere appreciation to the community for the love and support that you have provided us during these extremely challenging months. We have received an abundance of well wishes in the form of cards, letters, emails, art and so much more. These have not only come from our own community but from all parts of Canada.
So many of you have helped in numerous ways:
- We thank those that supported staff by treating us to meals which also helped support our struggling local businesses.
- We thank those that helped sew masks, laundry bags and scrub caps.
- We thank those that sent us flowers and treats to cheer us up.
- We thank those that donated masks and sanitizers.
- We thank those companies that donated items to help our residents stay connected to their loved ones.
- We thank those that volunteered their time.
- We thank those that made financial donations.
- And, we thank all of you for keeping us in your hearts and thoughts and for wishing us well as we worked to get through this difficult time.
Due to the constraints that we are required to abide by, we were unable to accept all offers but we thank you for your consideration.
We have been uplifted by your 7 o’clock cheers along with your chalk drawings, crochet hearts, balloons and oversized banners of support. Your acts of kindness have not gone unnoticed.
As we move forward, your support continues to uplift us.
“Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much” – Helen Keller