Though the May showers may give impressions of March, the Victoria Day long weekend is looming and with it, tourist season.
In anticipation of heavy traffic, BC Ferries is adding 11 sailings to Route 3 over the weekend, including:
- 2:40 p.m. departing Horseshoe Bay Thursday, May 19
- 9:05 a.m. departing Horseshoe Bay Friday, May 20
- 10:10 a.m. departing Langdale Friday, May 2:05 p.m. departing Langdale Friday, May 20
- 9:05 a.m. departing Horseshoe Bay Saturday, May 21
- 10:10 a.m. departing Langdale Saturday, May 21
- 9:10 p.m. departing Horseshoe Bay Monday, May 23
- 10:10 a.m. departing Langdale Monday, May 2310:10 p.m. departing Langdale Monday, May 23
- 9:05 a.m. departing Horseshoe Bay Tuesday, May 24
- 10:10 a.m. departing Langdale Tuesday May 24.
BC Ferries notes that Thursday and Friday afternoons, as well as Saturday morning, are the most popular times for travellers leaving Horseshoe Bay and Monday afternoon is the most popular time to return to the Lower Mainland.
Some travelling tips BC Ferries shared included:
- Ride share
- Consider being dropped off or taking public transit to the terminal
- Book ahead
- Arrive early
- Be prepared to wait if you haven't booked ahead
The ferry service added a total of 110 sailings to its Metro Vancouver routes between May 19 and 24. The Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay route will see 74 extra sailings and there will be 25 extra sailings on the Departure Bay-Horseshoe Bay route.