North Vancouver’s Farina a Legna pizzeria is unveiling a new brunch menu on Saturday, March 14.
Available on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the family-friendly dishes will include:
• Italian Benny (focaccia, two poached eggs, pomodoro, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy polenta), $16;
• Nutella Toast (house-made chocolate and hazelnut spread, toasted hazelnuts, roasted banana jam, vanilla-whipped ricotta), $12;
• Zabaglione (egg and marsala custard served with panettone, fresh fruit and berries), $14;
• Mushroom Frittata (pesto, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy polenta, fresh arugula), $16;
• Two Egg Breakfast (pancetta or Italian sausage, focaccia, crispy polenta), $15;
• Breakfast Pizzette (white sauce, pancetta, soft egg), $15.
• A special $10 ‘bambini’ menu features fresh fruit and berries, and a choice of Nutella toast, two eggs and focaccia with pancetta or pasta with butter or tomato sauce.
Some dishes from Farina a Legna’s dinner menu will also be featured in brunch variations including carbonara (guanciale, egg yolk, pecorino romano, black pepper), pesto Genovese (basil pesto, roasted garlic, pine nuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano), and Bolognese (tomato sauce with beef, pork and mortadella), as well as pizzas such as margherita (tomato sauce, fior de latte, olive oil, basil) and finocchiona (tomato sauce, fennel sausage, provolone, Parmigiano-Reggiano, sweet peppers).
The brunch beverage menu features house-bottled cocktails, mimosas made with fresh-squeezed orange juice, Italian fruit nectars and artisanal sodas, an array of amaro, grappa and other digestivi, and espresso-based beverages like macchiato, cappuccino and corretto. On the sweeter side of things, guests can also cap off their visit with gli dolci for sweet tooths such as gelato (fior de latte, chocolate, pistachio or lemon sorbetto), tiramisu della nonna, sgroppino di Venezia, torta al cioccolato or affogato.
Farina a Legna, 119 2nd St. East, North Vancouver, B.C. V7l 1C2
Dinner: Tuesday – Sunday, 5 p.m. – Late
Brunch: Saturday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.