This ca. 1956 night photograph shows Everett Motors Co. Ltd., located at 303 Lonsdale Ave. at West Third Street in North Vancouver. Opened in August 1956 by proprietor William L. Everett, this dealership sold Dodge and DeSoto cars and Dodge trucks. A 1956 promotional newspaper feature claimed these were “the cars and trucks of the Forward Look … the glamorous Dodge, the dashing DeSoto.”
Everett Motors was only in business for a few years. It was one of a series of dealerships that operated on that corner from the late 1940s to the mid-1970s.
Take note of the “Car Ferry” sign in the lower left. Vancouver to North Vancouver car ferry service ended in 1958.
Visit the MONOVA website for more information about the history of the North Shore and to plan your visit to MONOVA: Museum of North Vancouver, now open at 115 West Esplanade in The Shipyards.
Currently, MONOVA: Archives of North Vancouver ,at 3203 Institute Road in Lynn Valley, is open by appointment only. Contact: email@example.com
Navigate culture on the North Shore by using the North Shore Culture Compass.