Looking forward to camping in 2023?
If you're seeking a spot at one of Parks Canada's sites in B.C., best mark your calendar and prepare for a new system.
"We’re moving our reservation system to a new platform! The look and feel will be different, but the features and functions will be similar," states Parks Canada on its site.
New reservation launch dates have also been set for places like Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, Kootenay National Park, and Yoho National Park for the 2023 camping season.
Because of the new platform, people with existing accounts on the old platform will need a new account on the new platform. It will launch March 3.
Reservations for national parks in B.C. open up throughout March, with the earliest sites available to reserve on March 13 and the latest on March 29. Dates for when sites will be available for camping are also available. Parks Canada campsites in other provinces have a similar spread of reservation dates.
- Reservations open at Fort Langley National Historic Site on March 13th at 8 a.m.
- Reservations open at Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site on March 13th at 8 a.m.
- Reservations open at Glacier National Park on March 13th at 8 a.m.
- Reservations open at Gulf Islands National Park Reserve on March 13th at 8 a.m.
- Reservations open at Kootenay National Park on March 29th at 7 a.m.
- Reservations open at Mount Revelstoke National Park on March 13th at 8 a.m.
- Reservations open at Pacific Rim National Park Reserve on March 13th at 8 a.m. (except for the West Coast Trail, which opens on March 25 at 8 a.m.)
- Reservations open at Yoho National Park on March 29th at 7 a.m. (except Lake O'Hara camping, which opens March 28 at 7 a.m.)
For backcountry camping in Kootenay and Yoho national parks, reservations open up on March 22 at 7 a.m.