If you're looking for a way to ring in the new year with some sober fun, VYVE's New Year's Eve SkyTrain Party is just what the doctor ordered.
The annual event takes place on the SkyTrain and is about spreading joy through public transit with uplifting tunes, smiles, hugs and fun dance moves. What's more, Jacques Martiquet, VYVE Leader and 'Chief Party Scientist,' claims that the transit experience will "fill you with energy and hope for humanity."
Last year, the event attracted hundreds and filled up a full-length train. NYE Revellers danced to classics from Daft Punk to Abba, all the way from Waterfront to YVR Airport and back. This year, VYVE is excited to announce that the train will feature two sound systems, on opposite sides of the train.
"Every year, it's off-the-rails. It's amazing how much fun we can have with strangers on public transit at 8 p.m., when we come together, respect, include and encourage one another." says Martiquet.
The organizers list a set of values for their event-going fun:
- Active Engagement: We are in the here and now.
- Natural Euphoria: We get high off each other, our shared experience, and the music
- Community: Everyone is a host, and it’s a collective effort to have the best night of our lives.
- Respect: We behave with an awareness of others and their boundaries.
- Personal Growth: We grow together by partying together.
- Environmental and Social Responsibility: We are grateful to party here.
The event is part of VYVE's New Year's Eve Adventure, featuring an Airport Dance Party, a SeaBus takeover, and a street parade.
The 4th Annual NYE Skytrain Party
When: Dec. 31 8 p.m. start
Where: Secret start location will be released 12 hours in advance.
Cost: By donation.
Find out more information here.
All participants must register.
Read the original article here.