Investigation ends after photo of bear with Timbit linked to previous incident

The B.C. Conservation Officers Service said it has concluded its investigation of a Victoria man over new allegations of feeding wildlife from his vehicle window.

The service said in a statement Thursday afternoon that its investigation determined the photos that appeared on social media on Sept. 12 were “related to an earlier matter that has already been dealt with through court proceedings.”

article continues below

Earlier on Thursday, the Conservation Officers Service said in a statement via the province’s Ministry of Environment on it was “aware of and investigating allegations of bear feeding” after photos appeared on Facebook in September.

Later in the day, the service said “the file is now concluded.”

The photos had been posted by Randy Scott. Scott was charged and fined for unlawfully feeding bears in 2017 after posting photos on social media of himself giving Timbits to bears along the Alaska Highway in the B.C. Interior.

In August 2019, Scott and a co-accused pleaded guilty to a charge of unlawfully feeding wildlife. They were fined $2,000 under the Wildlife Act and ordered to stay at least 50 metres away from bears for six months.

Read Related Topics

© North Shore News

Popular News

Find the North Shore News
Community Events Calendar