A new trend in home design is popping up, especially in areas like the Lower Mainland that have a temperate climate and allow year-round outdoor activity.
“The latest trend is large openings that join interior living spaces with the outdoors,” says Stuart Ilott, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for Wizard Industries. “As a result, we’re seeing a lot of movement toward bi-fold and stacker doors in new homes and renovations. We’re also seeing a lot of interest in products like VistaView that allow access to the outside world without allowing any unwanted guests into the home.”
Burnaby based Wizard Industries has been a well-known and well-respected supplier of retractable screen doors and awnings for more than 15 years. VistaView is their feature retractable screen product. It can cover openings of up to 29' 5” feet.
Ilott says everyone is asking about VistaView screens because of their unique features. We’ve listed a few of them here:
• They work exactly like any standard retractable screens, retracting into a discreet housing on either side of the opening.
• A handle breaking system allows you to open the screen only part way and stop it where you want.
• It’s the only truly pleat-less system that can cover openings up to 29.5 feet.
• Screens are wind rated to 150 mph.
• The secure zipper track and professionally calibrated screen tension allow the screen to cover the large distance without blowing out of the track.
• Screens can be customized to work on interior or exterior corners.
• The screen tracks can be recessed if the design is included with the original building plans.
• The frames can be colour-matched and also come in wood grain, anodized to look like metal and classic bronze.
“People might wonder why you would even want a 30-foot opening in your home,” says Ilott. “But if you explore the concept a little further, you quickly come to realize how functional it is. Not only does it allow you to maximize the space and open things up, it also maximizes the amount of fresh air circulating through your home.
“We saw the need for this kind of product,” he adds. “And we led the rest of the industry in developing it.”
To find out more about how you can create that dream indoor-outdoor living space, contact Wizard Industries. Visit their website, call 604-299-4426 or email. You can also find Wizard Industries on Facebook.