The shiny hue of Christmas has worn off and the revelry of New Year’s Eve has come to a close. As much as you hate to, it’s time to start thinking about sending your tree to the chipper.
There are a number of by-donation places you can give your Christmas tree a proper send off at this weekend:
- Christmas Tree Chipping: By-donation event will take place Saturday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Montroyal Elementary School, 5310 Sonora Dr., North Vancouver. Bottles/cans will also be accepted for donation. Funds raised go towards Grade 7 end of year activities and a legacy gift.
- Chip-up for Charity: Bring your Christmas tree for chipping and support your community Jan. 5 and 6, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Westview Shopping Centre parking lot, 2600-block of Westview Dr., North Vancouver. Minimum donation of $5 with all proceeds going to The Covenant House and North Shore Rescue.
- Firefighters' Christmas Tree Chip-up for Charity: Bring your holiday tree to the Rona parking lot next to Park and Tilford Gardens, North Vancouver on Saturday, Jan. 5 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and enjoy a free hot dog, coffee or hot chocolate. By donation with proceeds going to the North Vancouver City Firefighters’ Foundation.
- Scouts Post-holiday Chip-ups Service: provided by donation Jan. 5 and 6 in West Vancouver at the Scouts Tree Lot, Taylor Way and Clyde Avenue, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Hollyburn Plaza, Marine Drive and 18th Street, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. North Vancouver locations at Ray Perrault Park, Moody Avenue and 13th Street, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and St. Clement’s Anglican Church, 3400 Institute Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tree Chip-Up: Upper Lonsdale Preschool will hold its annual tree chip-up by donation Jan. 5 and 6, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at North Vancouver District Hall, 355 West Queens Rd. A pickup service is also being offered. Sign up at surveymonkey.com/r/FCS3T86.
- Tree Chip-up: Bring your Christmas tree to Larson Elementary School for chipping Saturday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 2605 Larson Rd., North Vancouver. By cash donation. Bottles/cans can also be dropped off for recycling. All funds raised will support activities for the Grade 7 class.
- Tree Chip-Up and Bottle Drive: Drop trees off for chipping, by donation, at Blueridge Elementary School Saturday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at 2650 Bronte Dr., North Vancouver. Bring bottles and cans for recycling. Funds go to the school PAC.
- Christmas Tree Chip-up: Support the 11th Seymour District Scout group Jan 6, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. by bringing your Christmas tree to be chipped up at Parkgate Village Shopping Centre on the corner of Mount Seymour Parkway and Mount Seymour Road.