THE North Shore's Mt. Seymour has been recognized as North America's No. 1 snowshoe-friendly ski resort by Snowshoe Magazine.
"For the everyday snowshoer and enthusiast, Mt. Seymour - acre for acre - is the top snowshoe-friendly ski resort in North America," says Ryan Alford, publisher of Snowshoe Magazine, an online publication dedicated to the sport of snowshoeing, based in Denver, Colorado.
Snowshoe Magazine assessed ski resorts based on the following criteria: Access to snowshoe trails and/or Nordic centre, Snowshoe equipment rental availability, Selection of activities that involve snowshoeing (guided tours, moonlight treks, etc.), Lodging options and quality of accommodations and Location to a mountain village and resort amenities.
The top 10 resorts were as follows:
1. Mt. Seymour, British Columbia, Canada
2. Beaver Creek Resort, Colorado, USA
3. Stowe Mountain Resort, Vermont, USA
4. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming, USA
5. Northstar California Resort, USA
6. Sun Valley Resort, Idaho, USA
7. Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort, Oregon, USA
8. Sugarloaf Mountain Resort, Maine, USA
9. Grouse Mountain, British Columbia, Canada
10. Canyons Resort, Utah, USA
For more information on Mount Seymour's Discovery Snowshoe Trails visit mountseymour. com/snowshoe. Full reviews of Snowshoe Magazine's top 10 resorts are available at snowshoemag.com/2012/10/23/north-americastop-10-snowshoe-friendly-ski-resorts/.