A West Vancouver man was found dead at a Sunshine Coast marina Sunday after apparently succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Rodrick Boggs, 58, and his partner were aboard a boat inside a boathouse in Halfmoon Bay when the pair were apparently overcome by fumes from the boat's motor, according to the B.C. Coroners Service. The owner of the marina later found the pair unresponsive and called 9-1-1. It's not clear how long they had been there.
Boggs was declared dead at the scene. His partner was rushed to Vancouver General Hospital for treatment. No update has been release on the second victim's condition.
The coroners service has deemed carbon monoxide the likely cause of death, it is awaiting the results of an autopsy before making a final determination.